Spirit - Retreat - Pilgrimage - Life

For fullness of life, we need fullness of Spirit, to refresh our spirit we need to take time to focus. We can do this in person in places that speak to our inner most being, we can also experience spirit where we are. Our goal at Umbrian Spirit is offer retreats that we have established, we can also design retreats/pilgrimages to Umbria to suit specific groups, or if your need is to stay closer to home, please utilize our blogs as a gift of virtual retreat.
--
An Interlude in Umbria - Transformational Spiritual Retreat featuring Two Weeks: Immersion in an Umbria Comune and Walking in Francis' Footsteps. Cost 1,400 Euros per week includes all meals, lodging and retreat activities.
--

If you would like to arrange a special retreat or pilgrimage for your group, we would be glad to plan with you.

Contact us through: hipriestesss@hotmail.com or umbrianspirit@hotmail.com

Our preferred accommodations for retreats and those utilized for Immersion Retreat & St. Francis' Steps: http://www.anticavetreria.net/







Friday, January 7, 2011

Depth of Meaning


Remembering Baptism, Summer Solstice, God's Grace

One of the things I discovered in Italy was an awareness of my personal depth of meaning.  I understood all the things that make my heart sing; visible signs of the sacred, the importance of sacrament, the beauty of relationships that are lived so openly and in the fullness of  the connection of community.  Sometimes we lose site of what makes our hearts sing, we get caught up in the "normal," the everyday, and the mundane of multi-tasking and rushing through work, home and life.
It has given me great inspiration on how to live my life with more meaning, no matter where I am, how to appreciate all my neighbors, to explore for all signs of the sacred, and to find new rituals to enrich my life.  In June I celebrated with Acqua di San Giovanni - a beautiful ritual where I walked the neighborhood and picked aromatic flowers and greens, soaked them in a tub overnight, so they could collect the dew of morning and bathed with their essence in the early morning.  It was refreshing to be present to the elements of the season, to live in the moment of time when all life is in bloom and full fragrance.
I will never recapture completely what bloomed forth at that particular time in Italy, but....but, I can know the depth of meaning, and I can know that I will return and something sacred will happen then when immersed in a place where all that I hold sacred is embodied in a culture, place, faith and most wonderfully people who inspire me to be live this one gracious life most fully.
There are ways we allow ourselves to awaken to the sacred, to know how God is truly calling us.  To open our hearts fully and listen to what is most important to us in our living out our true selves.  I have so many more wonderful stories to tell of my time in Italy, and how my life has been transformed through the reveling of God through this wonderful place, and then, there is next year.....
If you are interested in a Transformational Spirituality Retreat in Umbria please contact us:  umbrianspirit@hotmail.com

The Sacred is Always Near

No comments:

Post a Comment